Sunday, March 8, 2009

Composure -- Waking Ashland


I came across this band while looking through my former roommate's music collection. They sounded remotely interesting, so I loaded their album on my iPod. And I really like them! Their sound is rock/pop with a piano thrown in the mix, and it's a nice break from the generic guitar/bass/drums band. In some ways, their music is similar to Death Cab for Cutie, Copeland, or perhaps Evan & Jaron a little, but they definitely have their own sound. They have such good harmonies! I think my favorite of their songs is "Hands on Deck" It's a softer sounding song, with mostly piano and just a touch of drums, as well as some strings. It is reminiscent of a ballad and is gorgeous! If you've never listened to their music, I definitely recommend it. Head on over to their myspace page to listen to a couple songs. http://www.myspace.com/wakingashland

No comments:

Post a Comment